The trip up from the mining rock gives everyone a chance to talk some more with Limbeck. He tells the group stuff about Drevlin (the big dwarven rock), and Gegs, and about how generally peaceful things are.
He tells them about the monthly visit from the Welves where they collect water by hooking up a Pipe from the sky and then drop their rewards for the Gegs down below. He discusses how many Gegs are unhappy that only the Froman and the Clark skiffs get most the rewards because they really don't have anywhere else they need to be when the Welves arrive. This is the main reason that most Gegs who are in WUPP are in it. Limbeck wants them to be more excited about the idea of understanding WHY the Gegs maintain the KickseyWiksey. Why the great machine does what it does.. so that they can empower themselves and understand and make things better. But no one else (except maybe Jarre a little bit) is inspired by that idea. They just want more rewards.
A description of the rewards leads Otoc to believe that the Welves are just dumping their garbage on Drevlin. Limbeck scoffs at this, proudly showing off his giant feather.
As the Helping hand gets closer to home, the noise of the KickseyWiksey becomes noticable over the ambient noise of the Maelstrom. This machine noise of pops, bangs, clicks, zaps and wooshes never ever stops and makes it generally hard to hear anything more than 20 feet away on all of Drevlin.
When the party reaches the landing area inside of Drevlin, they are greeted by Jarre and Lof. Jarre is super-excited to see Limbeck. A lot of immediate questions are asked about who is with him. Limbeck introduces them as Gods he saved down on the rock. There are about a half dozen other Gegs around, but Jarre lets the party know they are all members of WUPP.
The loading bay is not a closed off area, and other Gegs are moving around, but no one is really paying any attention to the odd things going on in the loading bay. No really curious at all.
The group wants to get somewhere safe to rest, so they load up inside of some of the ore-pushing carts used to take rocks to the input area of the KickseyWiksey. Arundl disguises himself as a dwarf and helps push. The rest hide under some tarps and ore and are pushed back to WUPP headquarters. And again, no other Gegs question the odd procession of ore carts being pushed out of the loading docks towards some residences.
WUPP headquarters is just a hole in the wall, dug out at some point in the past by the KickseyWiksey and then abandoned. Limbeck explains that most people's home are KickseyWiksey holes. Occasionally the machine comes back and digs more, and when that happens the Gegs just find another hole. It doesn't generally move fast enough to be dangerous. Limbeck is especially proud of his current home, it has a 'Window' high up.. a hole that looks out at the Maelstrom. He says it gives him a unique perspective.
So the party rests, and sleeps uneventfully.
At some point in here, Arundel uses his walky-talky rune to check in with Xar. He tells Xar about Gegs and Drevlin. About Limbeck and the KickseyWiksey. Xar impresses on them to not expose themselves to the Sartan, to lay low. Xar observes the Limbeck may be a good catalyst for chaos, but they need to learn more about the situation. And he wants to know if they have seen any Sartan, and is a little surprised to learn they have not. He suggests to pursue that and keep looking for those Sartan!
The next morning there is some discussion about what should be done now. Limbeck and Jarre would like to have the new 'Gods' accompany them to help build support for WUPP, by having them help explain that Welves are not Gods. Occasional and repeated talk about the prophecy of Welves judging them and 'raising up' the Gegs being wrong, that these new Gods are going to judge them… and other things seem to confuse Limbeck and Jarre.. a Lot. But they try to roll with it.
Eventually, everyone decides they want to go see the High Froman. So they start the long journey it will take to talk there (6 hours). They briefly try to use a Woosh-Tube to make it shorter, despite Limbeck explaining they are too small and only for 'official business'. Commendeering a Whoosh-tube eventually fails, when its pilot zooms away after Arundl asks him to show him how they work.
It is explained how the High Froman's offies and living quarters (as well as the High Clarks) are near the Factree at the top and near the center of Drevlin.
The top/center of Drevlin is right in the middle of the eye of the Maelstrom, and is the only place on the enter rock where a Geg may be able to see blue sky. Being on the surface of Drevlin is otherwise a very risky endeavor due to the rain, lightning, wind, hail and otherwise unpleasantness of the surrounding maelstrom.
The eye is the place where the Welf dragon ships come monthly to collect their water. It being the only place they could possible stay stable long enough in a flying ship to do any kind of coordinated thing with the ground.
The factree itself is a GIGANTIC empty one-room building (like 1/4 on a side), which is the legendary birthplace of the KickseyKicksey. There is a throne there, and a statue of a Manger, and is used by the High Froman and Headclark for all official big-deal ceremonies. Like when they convicted Limbeck of heresy and decided to launch him off of Drevlin.
On the way there, the party passes through ALL SORTS of interesting places with Gegs working on all sorts of different things in the KickseyWicksey. All kinds of poduct-goodies are created by the KickseyWicksey, for free-use amount the Gegs. Food, Basic goods of every kind (clothing equipment) is produced somewhere. Water is abundantly available in pools and wells. Anything the Gegs dont use, they either recycle or discard off the island. They even find a station that makes Cupcakes! (which they come back to later) Along the way they try to drum up support for WUPP, many Gegs find it very difficult to completely ignore the strange folks walking amoung them and rumors are started to spreadh. Limbeck tries to make and read from his speeches, and Jarre and Lof just try to drum up support and it seems to be working to some degree.
Limbeck seems pretty uncomfortable with some of the talk that occurs about stealing and taking things and just doing whatever they want to do that the party folk discuss amount themselves.
Anyway, they make a pretty big fuss along the way, and as they go Gegs keep lining up to see them and talk/listen to them. They even make public they are going to see the High Froman.
This is getting too long, so I'm going to summarize:
- They reach the Factree. its basically empty. The throne doesn't appear to be interesting, except that it was clearly not made for a dwarf but instead someone of human dimensions might be comfortable in it.
- The statue is a 12-15 ft tall human man in robes, holding something that looks like an Eye. Limbeck says the high Froman does a little light show with it whenever he's here to impress the masses.
- The party fiddle with the eye until they get it to light up. It does a little hologram display showing all the major islands of Arianus lining up, with Drevlin at the bottom in the middle. And then it craps out and starts over.
- They visit the High Froman's office, except almost no one is there. Just some under-under secretary who lets the group know all the real forman are out on official business.
- The party strong-arms the poor guy into showing them where the High Froman's home is and decide to wait there. Its in a hallway of some kind of apartment building (an actualy building with halls and stuff)
- Limbeck and Jarry get very uncomfortable with that. And even more uncomfortable with the talk of breaking into the High Froman's house and excuse themselves and depart.
- The party breaks into the high froman's house and look around.. they don't relaly find anything interesting. They go into a few other homes and find only one book, which appears to be a children's book teaching them about their place int he Mangers' plan.
- They camp there a couple of days, but no froman come back.
- They have a similiar "no one is there" experience when they check out the resisdences and officies of the Clarks.
- They decide to wait in the Factree. Arundl setting up some big impressive Magic-Mouth display in anticpation of trying to eventually drum up big audiences and convert them to join WUPP. Then Arundl and Otoc go off to try to talk to Limbeck and Jarre while the rest wait it out at the Factree
- Arundl and Otoc find Limbeck and Jarre, and use diplomacy to talk them into believing them when they say they were not trying to cause a problem/hurt anyone (yeah right). Limbeck likes the give a big speech plan at the Factree and says he'll be there in 4 days.
- 2 days later, Jarre runs up to the party in the Factree and says they have to come with her. its super important, but she doesn't want to talk about it here. The party is suspicious, but follows.
- Jarre takes to a place about 1 hour away, and gets them into a semi-private room tucked away in one of the halls/sewers/caverns and tells them that the High Froman and Head Clark have found Gods of their own and have started to parada them around Drevlin
- The party immediately thinks they should go kick these other god's asses!
- Moments later, Loff shows up and says the High Froman and Head Clark and heading to the Factree with their new Gods and are trying to quickly drum up a lot of Coppers and other gegs to give a big-speech!
- The party wants to go to see these other gods. Jarre points out if they just try to walk there, the High Froman and Head Clark will know they are coming well before they get there and will probably just disappear into Drevlin before they arrive. She says she knows a better way to get there, under the Factree.
- As they party takes this route, the 'secret way' turns out to not be that secret anymore. Rooms and areas and tunnels having been hollowed out by the KickseyWicksey and geg's have moved in. So.. they still get a following, but no where near as big as if they had taken the main route.
- They come up under the Factree, with several dozen Geg in tow. Just the party emerges at first, Jarre keeping the rest back.
- The other gods appear to be some kind of human fighter, a human boy who seems very good looking and wearing nice clothes, and his older balding attendant/chamberlain.
- Arundl and Otoc decide not to immediately attack and go talk to the human fighter. Tolm winds up talking to the boy and the balding man who follows, with Peeta and Celeb listening in.
- The fighter is "Hugh", the boy is "Bane" and his attendant is "Alfred"
- Hugh explains they crashed on Drevlin after elves attacked his dragonship and he just wants to get out of here. But they are caught up in some stupid Gegian high-drama about gods and shit.
- Bane declares he IS a god! Alfred shakes his head and mouths "no.. he's not"
- Hugh thinks trying to take over the next monthly Elf water-ship is a good idea, and confirms (despite Arundl's bluff) that only Hugh knows how to fly it.
- At some point, Tolm and Bane disagree about something.. but Tolm realizes his mistake and is convinced that Bane is right and that he should listen to him. Soon Peeta is in the same boat.
- Then the Froman Geg's see the party talking to their gods and he sends in many many coppers and gegs and clarks to prevent the party from stealing his gods!
- Then the WUPP Gegs pour out of their entry to help protect their gods, and a melee between the two forces starts with most of them just slapping at each other ineffectively.
- Alfred looks around at the pending peril.. and faints dead on the floor.
- Bane and Hugh do wind up getting grappled and start to get pulled away.
- then we stop